Are you ready for the hunting season?
Here is a checklist you can use to make sure you are ready!:
- Service your vehicle: Change oil, check antifreeze level, (strength of the antifreeze should be 30 dregrees below zero or better), battery fluid levels, transmission-transfer case levels.
- Inspect serpentine belt (fan belt) and replace if worn or cracked (save your old one for a spare.
- Inspect your tires and check tire pressure, including your spare tire.
- Tire chains. Make sure they fit and are in good condition.
- Two vehicle ramps. (It makes putting on tire chains an easier task.)
- Flashlight with extra batteries for your map-GPS-compass.
- Tool box (Make sure all your tools are in order.)
- Jumper cables or Jump Start Power Pack.
- Assorted nuts, bolts, washers, mechanics wire, duct tape, electrical tape, wire ties.
- Extra oil, antifreeze, automatic transmission fluid, Radiator Stop Leak.
- High lift jack or come-a-long.
- Tow straps or tow chains, heavy rope.
- Snow shovel, axe, bucket, tarp.
- 2-by-6 that is 1 to 4 feet long. (Might help to put under tires if you are high-centered.)
- Old carpet to lie on if you have to get under your vehicle.
- Ice chest with fresh water and food like jerky, dehydrated fruit, energy bars.
- Old sleeping bag, blankets, firewood.