|Monday:||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday:||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday:||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thursday:||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Friday:||7:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
The Mechanics Waukesha Trusts for Tire Rotation, Repair and Replacements
At Lake Country Auto Care, we have the mechanics Waukesha area residents trust for fast and affordable tire service. Whether you need to buy new tires, have an existing tire repaired or have your tires rotated, we’ve got you covered. Our Waukesha mechanics know without healthy, reliable, high quality tires you’re risking harm to you, your vehicle and others on the road. We also know what a pain and an inconvenience it is to wait around for tire places in Waukesha to perform service on your vehicle.
At Lake Country Auto Care our experienced ASE-certified mechanics are incredibly skilled at being efficient and detailed with our tire service. Always up-to-date on the latest advancements in equipment and servicing techniques, we get tire rotations, tire replacements and tire repairs done faster and better!
Regularly Rotating Your Tires Increase the Safety and Reliability of Your Vehicle
Tire rotation can be an overlooked practice yielding hidden benefits for car owners. This technique is most valuable for cars with 2-wheel drive increasing wear and tear by putting all the braking and maneuvering on two wheels rather than four.
Tire rotation adds longevity to their lifespan. You won’t have to spend a lot of money purchasing new tires unnecessarily soon if your tires are rotated on a regular basis. Tire rotation consists of moving the front two tires to the rear of the vehicle and bringing the back two up front. It is recommended to have them moved to the opposite corners too. In example, rotating the back left tire and placing it in the front right position.
When this happens, the tires all receive equal wear and tear rather than only the front two tires sustaining the brunt of it. Wheel rotation offers these benefits:
Come to Lake Country Auto Care and we’ll rotate your tires to give you these benefits and more. Our highly experienced mechanics (over 30 years!) will get to work on them quickly and effectively. We’ll also check the air pressure in your tires. You can combine this service with a battery replacement, oil change and fluid refill for comprehensive car maintenance. Get the most out of your mileage.
Besides the cold, the other certainty Wisconsin winters bring is slick roads. One way to protect yourself from slippery conditions is rotating your tires. Since 2-wheel drive wears down the two tires the brakes are applied to, these two tires will carry less tread.
Once the roads become slippery from ice, snow and sleet, tires with less tread will have more trouble slowing down and stopping when needed. Not only do worn tires make stopping more difficult, it takes control away from you, the driver, and leaves you at risk of getting into a car accident.
When your tires are rotated, the amount of wear on your tire tread is reduced considerably. This means your tires will better be able to slow down and stop when you want them to. Though you should always drive with caution on slippery roads, the roads won’t present the same level of danger to you and your vehicle as they would a vehicle with no tread on its tires.
Have your tires reached the point where they have no traction? No problem, we’ll replace your worn out tires for brand new ones. Doesn’t matter if you drive a Nissan, Cherokee, Audi or a Jeep Wrangler.
Tire tread or rotation services might not be what you need. Sometimes a flat or damaged tire is the issue. Our mechanics repair or replace any damaged tires. When you get a flat tire:
1. Get off the road! Pull off to the side of the highway, into a nearby parking lot, or the nearest exit if you are on the expressway. Remove yourself from traffic as far away as possible. Don’t forget to click on those hazard lights.
2. Grab a wrench to loosen the lug nuts. You should always have spare tools in the trunk of your car for these types of situations. If the lug nuts are super tight, try to get the wrench moving with a rock. Remember to set them aside in a safe place. You will need them later to secure the new spare tire on the car.
*Whatever lug nut you loosen first, have the next nut you loosen be across the room from it, and so on. This will prevent extra pressure from getting placed on the last few lug nuts, making them harder to get off.
3. Use a jack to lift your vehicle off of the ground. All cars have different places to place the jack. Check with the owner’s manual before proceeding. Once the jack is securely placed, raise the car approximately 6 inches above the ground.
4. Replace the damaged tire with the spare. Your spare tire can be found in the trunk or underneath the car frame. Carefully remove the damaged tire and replace it with the spare.
5. Place the lug nuts back on. Tighten them just enough for the spare to stay on the car. No need for maximum tightening just yet.
6. Lower your car back on the ground. Secure the lug nuts, moving from one to the other in a star-like pattern (just like when you took them off, only in reverse). Tighten them in ‘stages’. Start at 50%, 75%, etc. until they cannot be tightened any further.
7. Keep the damaged tire. Store it in the trunk and bring it to our mechanics. They might be able to fix the puncture, saving you money you’d otherwise spend on a brand new tire.
Your spare tire is on and your vehicle is roadworthy. Drive it over to trustworthy mechanics at Lake Country Auto Care. We’ll take the stress out of your day with fair pricing, fast service and a friendly staff. You’ll be back on the road in no time.
We take pride in combining honest work with fair prices to create a one-of-a-kind auto repair shop. If the tire is damaged but could be fixed, we’ll repair it and save you the expense of buying a new one. Just look at what this customer had to say when she came to us for a tire replacement:
Don’t let location hold you back from the best auto shop in Waukesha County. If you’re from Hartland, Sussex, or Delafield and need a tire rotation, don’t hesitate to come to our A+ rated service with ASE-certified mechanics, all with over 30+ years of experience.
At Lake Country Auto Care, expect fast results, excellent customer service and fair pricing.
Contact our local auto repair shop in Pewaukee now to request a tire service appointment or to find out more about our tire services.Get in Touch!