Everyone should carry a Winter Survival Kit in their car.
In an emergency, it could save your life and the lives of your passengers.
Here is what you need:
- Windshield scraper and small broom
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Battery powered radio
- Snack food including energy bars
- Extra hats, socks and mittens
- First aid kit with pocket knife
- Blankets or sleeping bag
- tow chain, rope, or strap
- Road salt, sand, or cat litter for traction
- Jumper Cables
- Emergency flares and reflectors
- Fluorescent distress flag and whistle to attract attention
- Cell phone adapter to plug into lighter
- Reverse batteries in flashlight to avoid accidental switching and burnout.
- Store items in car, in case the trunk is jammed or frozen shut.
- Choose small packages of non-perishable food.